HTML5 Video + iPhone/iPod Touch Interface (extension)This extension consists of two components:
1) HTML5 Video Player.
2) iPhone/iPod Touch interface.
1. HTML5 Video Player for Simple Web TV
- Fullscreen feature depends on the Web browser capability. If the Web browser does not support full screen mode, the player will expand to fill the browser window.
- The HTML5 video player is not as full featured as the Simple Web TV Flash video player, therefore, the Advanced Interactive Videos, Sitelocking and PlayerLogo extensions, as well as the 3D capability, will not work with it.
- The HTML5 video player requires Simple Web TV 1.5+.
HTML5 Video requirements
• Web browser with HTML5 and H.264 video support (Opera and FireFox only support WebM video format therefore they will not playback videos in H.264 format).
• PC/Smartphone/Tablet with H.264 video support.
Since HTML5 is an evolving standard, some Web browser might have issues when displaying HTML5 video. For example: Dolphin HD and the native Android Browser (prior to 4.1 Jelly Bean) might distort the video depending on the screen size and orientation.
HTML5 compatibility Chart
2. iPhone/iPod Touch interface for Simple Web TV
iPhone/iPod Touch devices do not support Flash, for this reason, the video playback is done through the integrated video player (Quicktime). Playlists, bumpers, interactive videos, etc. are not supported in the extension. We invite you to visit our demo WebTV from one of these devices so you can see it "in action".
Comparisson between Basic (included with Simple Web TV) and Complete versions
|iPhone/iPod Touch extension|
|Amount of Clips displayed (limit)||Up to 5||Unlimited|
|Clip filtering by Channels||-||Yes|
|Clip sorting by date, name or playlist||-||Yes|
|Compatible with LiveClips extension||-||Yes|
|Compatible with LiveClips-Embed extension 1||-||Yes|
|Compatible with Restricted Channels 2||-||Yes|
|Compatible with Simple Web TV skin/styles||Yes||Yes|
2 From Simple Web TV 1.1.10+
Since this extension has been designed to allow the WebTV to be viewed on mobile devices (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad/Smartphones/Tablets) which, normally, are less powerful and have smaller screens than personal computers (besides having a limited battery duration), it is necessary to compress the videos taking those factors into consideration (check out the tutorials). In order to get the extension to work, it is indispensable to assign one of the WebTV's qualities exclusively to be played back on mobile devices. Videos must be encoded in H.264 (baseline) and AAC.
Simple Web TV extensions
Neither iPhone nor iPod Touch nor iPad nor any other device is included with this extension.
• Advanced Interactive Videos
• Clip Batch Creator
• iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Ext.
• Restricted Channels
• Total Unbranding